The work of “Advocating with Compassion” is the faithful work of justice. This work is grounded in our values, faith traditions, spiritualities, and the work of countless colleagues who have committed themselves to doing climate activism in a more just way. As an organization, NCIPL and the NC Council of Churches’ Eco-Justice Connection uphold the Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Principles. We are guided by these principles, in addition to the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing. We are committed to advocating in a way that honors the experiences of those who are not in the room.
When we “Advocate with Compassion,” we enter into relationship with our legislators in a way that acknowledges their humanity and calls on them to see the humanity in all whom they represent. When we “Advocate with Compassion,” we begin our conversations in a place of love, commit to honesty and truth-telling, and center the voices of marginalized communities.
Below you will find resources to aid your community in doing the hard and holy work of advocacy this season. Resources are available regarding the advocacy process as well as policy points at the federal and state level. We have also provided social media toolkits to help you spread the word in your communities. This page will continue to be updated as additional resources are made available.
Thank you for doing this work alongside us. We look forward to working with you to create a more just and beautiful world.
- Advocating with Compassion—Our Strategy and Where to Begin
- NC Legislature 101
- Advocating with Compassion—Spring 2021 Campaign Kick-Off
- Interfaith Power & Light Lobby Training
- Support the THRIVE Agenda
- Support the RECLAIM Act
- Support policy for regenerative agriculture
- Endorse this statement on Climate Fair Shares Work
- Check out Interfaith Power & Light Policy Positions
- Support NCIPL’s Resolution to Duke Energy
- Duke Energy IRP—Take Action
- What’s in Duke Energy’s IRP—PowerPoint
- “What’s in Duke Energy’s IRP” Webinar with Coalition Partners
- For Soil & Soul – bills introduced in the 2021 NC General Assembly
- Social Media Graphics to Encourage Advocacy