- This event has passed.
2015 NC Bread for the World Conference
March 28, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$25
The Raleigh chapter of Bread for the World, in cooperation with the NC Council of Churches and many other North Carolina civic, congregational, and business leaders, is sponsoring the 2015 statewide Bread for the World convention with the theme “Uniting Our Voices to End Hunger.” Bread for the World is a Christian advocacy organization with the goal of urging our nation’s leaders to end hunger. Representatives form faith communities, civic groups, and Bread groups are encouraged to attend. A limited number of scholarships is available.
This year’s program includes:
- David Crabtree – WRAL news anchor and Episcopal Deacon, as Master of Ceremonies
- Gene Nichol – UNC-CH Law Professor and Director of the UNC School of Law Center on Poverty, Work and Opportunity
- Jill Bullard – Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Co-Founder and Executive Director
- David Beckmann – President of Bread for the World, with a brief address to conference attendees
- Steve Hickle — Faith Outreach Director of Stop Hunger Now
- Sheena Meade– Regional Organizer of Bread for the World
Leave a Reply